Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Another thing cats are good for:

is a morning laugh. I am standing by the fridge getting out the milk for my coffee. It's 5:30 a.m. (when I get up to go to my morning yoga class--aren't I amazing?!) Silly Wigglestein walks in meowing for brekkers with a yellow post-it note flapping at the end of his bushy tail. I'm sorry, it's early, this just cracks me up. I stand there holding my belly (which hurts when I laugh because of this "core" class I took on Monday) and laughing and Silly W. stares at me for a couple minutes, his post-it flag gently waving and turns away to go the living room until I have learned to control myself. Apparently kitties do not like being laughed at when they are not doing something funny ON PURPOSE and don't even know what it is so they can't pretend it is ON PURPOSE.

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

This is SO TRUE about cats! Your cat would have been so humiliated if he knew he had a post-it on his tail (I can see it now, it's very funny). Sometimes I laugh at my cat for no reason just to tick him off. He'd probably get up and leave the room, but he's too lazy so he just gives me a dirty look then pretends to ignore me.

Isidora said...

He knew something was wrong by the way I was laughing but had no way to tell. He's got super long hair, so it was only sticking to the ends: he couldn't feel it at all. Might be a good way for people in my house to pass messages to each other. Don't shout, just stick a post it to the cat's tale. (Cracking up again).