Monday, July 14, 2008

A rough mail day

The mail brought an end to my hopes: my first attempt to get the young adult novel published have failed. Form rejection. I know, do not despair, send it out again. I wasn't really surprised, despite my fervent attempts to visualize success. Failure after all is familiar.

Then, looking at my credit card bill I discovered charges from ValueMax and DealMax which I had never heard of. Calling them up they said that someone at the email address andylander@mac.com had purchased a gas card and membership in these companies. (Yes, you can bombard his email if you like, it probably is a dead letter box by now. I haven't bothered.) The companies acted all innocent and said they'd refund my membership. I think they are in on it with these fictitious people who "sign up" for free gas cards. But how did they get access to my credit card? The credit card company says to wait and see. Of course I feel assaulted and violated. Warning everyone: check your bills frequently. Do not sign up for "free gas" cards.

No comments: