Monday, May 30, 2016

Another realization about the saints

So I've been praying the morning and evening prayers in the Jordanville prayer book and now I have added the prayers for before and after Communion. I really like doing the ones for after Communion on Monday to keep the memory fresh. It includes lots of prayers like this one: "Make me the temple of Thy Spirit alone, and no longer a habitation of sin: that having become Thy house by receiving Holy Communion, every evil spirit and passion may flee from me like fire." So I started thinking, shouldn't everyone who takes Communion regularly and prays these prayers be different from other people? Well, yes, we should, and in some cases, it did: the saints are proof. When we think of them we know that God does hear these prayers.

My Church has been given this multiplex icon that has forty changeable pages, so that it can show weekly numerous Saints. It seemed a little busy to me, but after I had this realization, I started to appreciate the sense it provides of the many witnesses.  

No comments: